Monday, April 15, 2013

9 to 10 Months

On March 16th I turned 24! Woohoo! It was a pretty great day. I told Daniel that all I really wanted was flowers. Of course, in Daniel's true fashion he had purchased my present well in advance. Not only was I surprised with a wonderful bouquet of flowers but also a plane ticket for Andrew and I to fly to North Dakota for my little brother's high school graduation! We had Funfetti cake and Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Yum Yum! I got my present a little late from my parents, but it rocks! I got an amazing Canon EOS Digital Rebel xti. They had bought it for themselves and used it a couple times and it had been sitting gathering dust. I must have mentioned at some point that I wanted to get into photography a little more. I'm having fun learning to use it and can't wait to get some great pictures. I have lots to learn!

Lets fast forward a bit to the Saturday before Easter (March 31st). We had an awesome dutch oven dinner that we provided and hung out with our friends the Bade's and Cory's. The guys went out and hid plastic eggs in the Bade's backyard.  I wasn't planning on Andrew participating, but last minute sent him out with the kiddos. They hid a few on the ground for the smaller kids to find. As soon as the kids reached the bottom of the stairs Andrew had his eye on an egg and headed straight for it. What happened next had us women in the house, watching out the window, laughing hysterically. He walked up to that yellow egg and kicked it. Poor kid thought it was a ball! He found another egg and kicked that one too. It was rather entertaining. He finally just started following the big kids around the yard. the rest of the night was filled with good conversation,. dying eggs, and kids running around the house. The only down side of the night was little man getting his pinky finger shut in the door by one of the other kids. It had a dent in it between the two upper joints and really didn't look good at all. He took it like a champ crying it off after a while with the help of some ice to reduce the swelling. Its still a little puffy but he is using it fine, so no permanent damage done. Easter Sunday was spent relaxing and remembering the reason for the season.
Easter Sunday

Easter Outfit
My how time has flown by! Has it already been 10 months? No way! It just doesn't seem right. My baby doesn't seem so much like a baby anymore. Cruising around the house and putting his little hands on anything he can reach. He started standing on his own in the middle of the floor and started clapping on his own. He continued to amaze us with his walking skills. Here are a few 9 month pictures:
9 months

Found him like this during a nap

This is a Reese's Egg that he thought would be fun to chew on

Static hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment