| Exploring |
| Happy baby! |
| This boy loves balls of all types! |
| Mashed potato mess! |
| Playing with the new camera. |
- Andrew is clapping, dancing and jabbering. The other day, on the tv, someone said pat-a-cake. He stood up, turned around and started clapping. He's so smart! His dancing consists of bouncing up and down and bobbing his head side to side. I have found him several times looking at his books or playing with his toys and just "talking" up a storm.
- For about a week and a half straight he was constantly saying "Dad, dad, dad, dad." Then when Daniel got home from work it was "Hi, dad", "Hi, dad". Too cute! of course through all of that I was trying to get him to switch it up and throw out a "mama" here or there. I failed.
- The handle on our bathroom door is now at a height that Andrew can reach when he is on his tippy toes. He has mastered opening it unless it is locked. I can't get my video to upload.
- Rawr, rawr, rawr, rawr. Growling. Just another of his new talents.
- One morning I was doing dishes and Andrew got really quiet. This is never a good thing with the little squirt. I started looking around the apartment and I found him in the bathroom. Hand in the toilet! Ewwwwwwwwwwww.....He was trying to swish the water around. I quickly installed the toilet clip that my mom had sent us weeks before.
- "Uh-oh". It's the cutest thing that he says. I'm not convinced that he has associated the saying with accidental happenings. He just likes to walk around saying it.
- Bananas in Pyjamas (yes it is spelled like that), anyone? It's an Australian cartoon on Netflix. He really likes the music at the beginning. He gets excited and starts dancing. The other day he got so excited he jumped. He actually left the ground.
- Remember that toilet clip that I installed. It didn't last long. He figured out how to un-clip it. The only thing it does now is slow him down. It was a good thought.
- The little turkey sits in his high chair like a frog. Daniel says he sits like a gargoyle. He hates eating most meals on his butt.
- He finally decided to say "mama". I haven't gotten the constant "mama" for a week and a half, but I'll take what I can get.
- He now waves "Hi", and "Bye". He's very selective with who he will wave to.
- He's starting to walk so fast at times that it looks like he is going to start running.
- He got his first haircut. It was getting a bit crazy so I cut it myself. I don't think it turned out too bad!
Before After
That's about it for the little guy. He's in 12 mo shirts and 9 mo pants. He'll be moving into 18 mo onesies soon.
Daniel took a business trip to Kentucky and Tennessee. He didn't have a whole lot to report other than he had fun and it was a lot of long days. They flew out of Denver after a couple hour delay due to a winter storm. They made it home on time even with the bad roads back into Wyoming. He was a little jet lagged because of the three timezone changes in one week, but he was glad that he was able to go.
Daniel took a business trip to Kentucky and Tennessee. He didn't have a whole lot to report other than he had fun and it was a lot of long days. They flew out of Denver after a couple hour delay due to a winter storm. They made it home on time even with the bad roads back into Wyoming. He was a little jet lagged because of the three timezone changes in one week, but he was glad that he was able to go.
A couple weeks ago I decided that......I'm going back to school! I only have a year left and I'm ready to get it out of the way. I have enjoyed this last year and being able to stay home with Andrew. I had an advising appointment on Tuesday. I knew it might be difficult to finish in a year even though that's all the schooling I have left. UW requires that you sign up for student teaching a year in advance and student teaching is only done during the spring semester. Long story short, I missed the December deadline for Phase III of the program.I wasn't even thinking about school back in December! Anyway, I was given the option of filing a petition to have my application accepted late. I was planning on taking that opportunity. We planned and registered for classes in hopes of the petition going through. Wednesday morning I got a call from my advisor saying that she had sent out a preliminary e-mail to get an idea of what the chances were of my petition getting accepted AND getting placed in Laramie. She had good and bad news. The outlook was good, BUT they wanted my 11 page application AND my petition letter that day! Holy cow! All I could think was how am I going to get this done in such a short amount of time and have it done to a level of competency that I wanted. That day was beyond stressful thanks to Murphy's law of whatever can go wrong will. A bunch of stuff came up with the apartment complex and Andrew was teething, growing and crabby. Needless to say I got it finished and turned in before the work day was over. Man was I relieved! Even greater news....Daniel just walked in the door with a letter from the University saying that my petition was accepted!!!! Woohoo! now to wait for the e-mail telling me where I have been placed :) My day was just made!
The same Tuesday as my advising appointment I took an inspired trip to the family history center. I had some family names that I needed to find more info on. I've never been to the family history center here in Laramie for myself. I'd been with the Activity Days girls but that was it. I showed up and got to work and got to a point that I needed some help. We kept working away. Eventually another couple in the stake showed up with some old photos that someone had anonymously dropped of at a local flea market. They were dropping them off because they were old photos of Bridger Valley and wanted to make sure that they got to who they needed to go to.The photos were from between 1920's and 40's. I told them that Daniel is from Lyman and that I recognized some of the last names written on a few photos. They asked if we were going that way anytime soon. Daniel's brother and dad were coming that weekend and they could take them back and get them where they needed to go. It was a really neat experience. It was amazing to look at all the pictures too.
Camp is progressing. Stake conference weekend we had an auxiliary meeting and got a lot more info on what to expect at camp. It was sooooo helpful and now I have an idea on what my budget is. I'm so excited for the next few weeks and all the preparation that we will be doing. I feel like I have a lot more to get done now. I held a Wednesday night information meeting for the parents and girls and not many people showed up, unfortunately. Just a small bump in the road. Our other Wednesday night activities that are camp related are going to be a blast. I just want camp to be as fun for these girls as it was for me. I'm excited to be back at camp again!
We got new flooring in our kitchen. I like it a lot. There was a huge gash in the vinyl from where the building had settled. It looks immensely better now.
There is our month in review. Until next time.....
Camp is progressing. Stake conference weekend we had an auxiliary meeting and got a lot more info on what to expect at camp. It was sooooo helpful and now I have an idea on what my budget is. I'm so excited for the next few weeks and all the preparation that we will be doing. I feel like I have a lot more to get done now. I held a Wednesday night information meeting for the parents and girls and not many people showed up, unfortunately. Just a small bump in the road. Our other Wednesday night activities that are camp related are going to be a blast. I just want camp to be as fun for these girls as it was for me. I'm excited to be back at camp again!
We got new flooring in our kitchen. I like it a lot. There was a huge gash in the vinyl from where the building had settled. It looks immensely better now.
There is our month in review. Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment