Once again I have fallen behind with my blogging. I was doing so good, or at least I thought I was. It's been since Christmas, and we're already into March. There isn't a ton of new things to report, but nonetheless I have to get caught up!
The beginning of January brought a new weekly activity for Andrew and I. It's called Book Babies and we have LOVED it. It was a great time hanging out with other moms, singing fun songs, meeting other babies, and explore a new environment. It was fun to see the different developmental levels and ages all the different babies were at. It just ended this last Tuesday and it was kind of sad. We will definitely be attending the next session which starts up in a couple weeks.
I feel like we missed a whole lot for Andrew's 8th month, but really he just had us running around like crazy. Moving things higher and farther out of his reach. On January 25th he took his first recorded steps and was standing very well on his own. He's gotten really good at hitting milestones right before his monthly birthday.
| His monthly picture w/his bear. |
| And another 8 month |
It scared the daylights out of me and Andrew just acted like it wasn't a huge deal at all. He figured out how to open the drawer under our stove. It's the only drawer in our kitchen and at the moment he is in love opening and closing things....doors, drawers, and cupboards mostly. Occasionally, he gets the wipes lid open. Just the other day I walked into the living room and he was pulling them out one by one. I asked him what he was doing. He turned around and looked at me and quickly tried to shut the lid. This little boy of ours is too smart! I just love him to death!
The beginning of February brought sickness to our house. After a few days of fever I took Andrew in only to find out we were on the tail end of RSV and the start of an ear infection. he was put on Amoxicillan and an inhaler. He hated both. It was sad trying to get him his meds when he was fighting so hard. We were successful anyhow and by the end of ten days it wasn't so bad and he laughed when we used the inhaler. One good thing that came out of the situation was that little man FINALLY started sleeping through the night! Hallelujah!
| Being a monkey in his exersaucer |
| Playing peek-a-boo |
Here are his 9 month stats:
Height: 29 inches (75%)
Weight: 19lbs 15.5 oz (50%)
Head: 47.6 cm (95%)
That same day he started doing this shrugging motion. It's really cute. He cocks his head to one side and lifts his shoulder up like he is acting shy. It's the funniest thing. He also does this scrunchy face that makes me laugh. We have teeth! Shortly before Christmas Andrew's first two bottom teeth popped through with out much of a fuss. It really seemed like they came out of nowhere. His top two front teeth have made their appearance and so has a crabby baby. He's waking up again at night because they are bothering him. I really hope once they are all the way in he will transition back to sleeping through the night. Teething hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
| This is the only picture I could find that shows his bottom teeth well when they first came in. We aren't anywhere close to having him show us his top ones. |
I think that is everything on the baby front. In other news....
We've been really busy with work, life, and church callings. The last weekend in February we traveled up to Gillette, WY for Boys 3A State Swimming to watch Chris swim. He did really well and it was good to get to see Daniel's family for a little bit.
I'm not entirely sure if I already posted about Daniel's new calling, because I'm not 100% sure on when he was called. Anyway...he's our ward's Young Men's President. He has really connected with the boys and really enjoys all the work that the calling entails. He's got some excellent counselors and boys. Wednesday nights he has mutual so we don't get to see him much that evening. I'm really glad that he's loving it as much as he is. I'm excited to see him excelling.
I'm still in Primary teaching the CTR 7 class. It's a great group of new kids and such an exciting time for each of them as they decide to get baptized this year. I love their curiosity, individual personalities, and even their craziness at times. They can get rowdy and reeling them in and getting on task has become a new mission of mine. We're getting better. They are starting to figure out what I expect of them and what they should expect from me as their teacher. I thought I had laid a better foundation for this than I had.
On February 24th, I was given another calling that I am SO SO SO excited about. I was called to be our ward camp director! Woohoo! I loved girls camp growing up and hope that I can make it as fun for my girls as my leaders did for me. With the new calling they want me there on Wednesday for mutual, so at least Daniel and I are in the same building, right? The downside.....we aren't home until after Andrew's normal bedtime. He did okay this last week, so hopefully it doesn't throw him off too bad as time goes on. He really doesn't like to hold still anymore so this could become an issue as we continue having him in tow during activities. The girls just want to hold him all the time anyway. I have so much planning to do and have already dug in and now just need to work on getting the girls excited. They had a not so great experience last year, so hopefully they will think this year rocks in comparison. :)
That's it for now....Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment