Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Valentines Day, My Birthday, and the Brown & Gold Ball

These dates were obviously months ago, but I'm finally getting around to posting about them.

Valentines Day was a fun day, as it always is, with Daniel. He never ceases to be able to surprise me with the gifts that he gets me. This year he got a canvas made with one of our wedding pictures on it. It's beautiful and was pretty thoughtful on his part. It's the only picture from our wedding that we have printed and is now on display. As of right now I'm not really sure what I got Daniel for the occasion...oops! We also got to enjoy dinner and a movie together.


My birthday rolled around in March and once again Daniel was full of surprises. He kept asking what I wanted for my birthday, but the only answers I could come up with involved getting things for the baby. Man, oh man, I had baby on the brain. I just wanted to go out and get everything for our little man.I could've cared less if I had gotten anything for myself.  He told me that wouldn't do and that it had to be something for me. I couldn't think of anything I needed so I wasn't even able to give him a direction to work toward. I had no clue what I was going to be getting. We went to dinner and got breakfast at Village Inn. YUM! (I love breakfast any time of day!) He ended up getting me two photo sessions with a local photographer (also one of our friends, and Daniels boss's wife)...one for maternity pictures and the other for newborn photos. She does great work and I was oh so every excited. It was such a thoughtful gift. On top of that he had also bought me a camcorder, telling me that I'd need it once the baby got here. Fun times :)


The Brown & Gold Ball is always a fun event to attend.I had told Daniel that maybe we shouldn't go this year because I was pretty sure that I didn't have a formal gown that would fit my very pregnant belly. Even with that said he came home with tickets and the stressing began. What the heck was I supposed to wear?! The dress code is formal and I was confident that none of my dresses would make the cut. I began looking through my closet once again and decided that I should just try on this pink dress that I had worn to one of my high school proms. I was fully prepared to be depressed by not being able to fit into anything. Much to my surprise....it was stretchy! It fit over my belly and I now had something to wear. Whew....that was close! I certainly wasn't going to go buy something new and looking more casual than formal would've been the only other option.


The Ball is a great time to get out for a fancy evening without the fancy cost. A three course meal, guest speaker, and a night of dancing is sure to be a hit. We enjoyed every minute and I even got Daniel to get out on the dance floor for longer than 5 seconds. Dinner was fantabulous and the company was even better.

(Please excuse the sideways pictures, I don't want to reload them lol)

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! It looks like you had a great Valentines and Birthday. I can't wait to read more about the little guy!

    ReplyDelete