Our break started with a week in Laramie. I just hung around the house doing a few things here and there, and watching a TON of netflix. Daniel had work to attend to, but was so excited not to have anything school related. That weekend we left for North Dakota to spend a week with my family. Saturday we began our travels. On the way up we stopped in Gillette and got new tires put on the car, ate at Sandfords, and watched the Cowboys lose in the New Mexico Bowl. We stopped in Miles City, MT that night because our Anniversary was Sunday the 18th. Didn't do anything too fancy just relaxed and enjoyed our time together. We walked around the Wal-mart and I'm still convinced that it's the cleanest Wal-mart I have ever stepped foot in....it was pretty amazing! Sunday we headed out and made it to good old Ross, ND before the family got home from church.
The next week was filled with a lot of downtime as everyone still had to go to school and work, but the nights were fun when everyone got back home. We took a couple trips to Minot to do various activities, but for the most part enjoyed the long overdue visit. My sister and Mom were so very excited that my baby bump had decided to make a debut while we were visiting. We got the game Logo and had a blast playing it, and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The week was filled with excellent food and a lot of catching up. Everyone made it up including Matt and his wife.
It's tradition in our family to open presents on Christmas Eve and this year was no exception. Brindi's boyfriend, Ty, and brother spent Christmas with us since they couldn't spend it with their own family. We all made out like bandits this year. Our stockings this year were huge bags filled with fun things. Baby Sorensen even got spoiled and he isn't even here yet! Daniel got two really nice overcoats for work (now that he's a professional working man now). I was spoiled and got an awesome red kitchen aid! Sadly I haven't gotten to use it yet since school started back up and we just got moved into a new apartment, but we'll talk about that in a little while. These were our big gifts from mom an dad and we all exchanged gifts with everyone else. We set up Bk's new Wii and played that for awhile. Zak's Xbox Kinect was a hit and quite the workout too! It was a fun time.
Our fun-filled trip had to come to an end and Daniel had to get back to work. The trip back seemed a lot longer than the trip up because we went straight through, and I think we need to make it into a 2 day trip every time :) Another week or so of Netflix and other random crafts went by and then we headed to Lyman for Daniel's family New Years Eve party. They reserve the pool and get it all to themselves for a couple hours. It was a blast. Of course it is followed by some delicious food to snack on clear through to the new year. We played a lot of games. This year I was in bed by 10. By the time we had gotten done with all the swimming and playing I was plain tuckered out. Everyone else went and played games and Shawn's house and eventually lit off some fireworks.
So Daniel's internship has turned into a full time job that he absolutely LOVES! Toward the end of last semester his boss approached him with the opportunity to become an actuary for Mountain West Farm Bureau. They were very impressed with how quickly he completed the projects he was given and how efficient he is as well. He's still working at McDonalds part-time but will be done with that in a couple weeks so he can spend more time focusing on his last semester of college. That's right.....his last semester!! Woohoo! He is definitely ready to be done with school. He's says its really hard to focus on his schoolwork when he already has a job.
In other news....On December 27th, 2011 we found out that we're having a BOY! The ultrasound appointment was so great. The ultrasound tech explained everything to us since she had a CNA shadowing her. Little man was full of wiggles and moved throughout the entire appointment. It was kinda weird seeing and feeling him move at the same time. When it first started he did a somersault. We got a DVD of the last half of the appointment so I watch it quite regularly. He waves at us about halfway through when they are doing the 3D imaging. You can see his little fingers perfectly, and they are just of so cute! Doctor says everything is still looking good and we have another appointment on Tuesday and I can't wait to hear his little heartbeat again. He kicks around all the time so I know he's doin alright. I don't have any other pregnancy symptoms for the most part so his movement is good reassurance that he's doing alright. Love him TONS!

We just moved into a new apartment a couple weeks ago since we were living in subsidized housing and Daniel is now making too much to stay there. We're all moved in but still organizing things. I'm loving teaching my primary class! They are all turning eight this year so it's an exciting time as they are preparing to get baptized. This semester hasn't been too demanding and I'm really enjoying the classes. I'm taking genetics, ecology, and teacher as a practitioner. After this semester I'll only have a year left of school! Yay! Only bad part is that Baby Sorensen isn't going to have mom around as much as I'd like to be, but everything is going to work out just fine.
That's pretty much what the Sorensen Adventures are made up of right now, until next time :) ....
So fun! I feel like we had a similar Christmas. Lots of fun, lots of family, lots of Netflix, and lots of getting excited about baby! I started showing during Christmas-time, too, and it was so fun. I'm glad that you guys are doing well. Good luck with your semesters!
ReplyDelete