School has been done and over with for about a month and a half. It was an interesting semester for me being pregnant and all. Pregnancy brain is REAL!! I had to study so much harder than usual only to achieve results that were slightly below what I normally achieved. I was oober forgetful and spent a lot of time at the library going over and over and over information for tests. In mind I kept thinking "this is easy and I should be able to remember this," only to forget it minutes later. I'm convinced that only with the help of my Heavenly Father was I able to pull out another 4.0 semester. I was getting pretty worried that it wasn't going to be possible and that I was going to end up with a B in one or two of my classes. Once grades were turned in I was very pleasantly surprised to see all four classes were A's. I was also able to receive my certificate of advanced achievement from Institute. I feel pretty accomplished.
Spring 2012 semester was Daniel's last. He was, and is, so very glad to be done with school. Graduation was great. Daniel's family came over from Lyman to watch him graduate. Commencement wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part was waiting while all the graduates names were read. The speaker was entertaining and kept it fairly short and sweet. Daniel got a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics. He's one smart cookie :)

The internship that Daniel fell into in Fall 2011 turned into a full time job and career come January 2012. With that being said he was one busy man once again. Full-time student and full-time at the office. His job title is a data analyst. Now that he's graduated he has begun taking and studying for his actuary nine exams. Its recommended that before taking each exam you should study for 300 hours! Ridiculous....And he thought he was getting away from "school." Nope. More studying for him over the next several years. An actuary is basically an insurance mathematician. He'll be getting paid to tell Mountain West Farm Bureau what their rates should be. He's loving his job! Oh yeah and since this job opportunity has come along it looks like we will be living in Laramie for at least the next ten years. Never would I have thought this would be the case once we had both graduated.
A week or so after finals I was notified of where I would be doing my student teaching next spring. I'll be student teaching in Cheyenne at Central High School. i wasn't very excited at first because my first choice was to be placed here in Laramie since our son would only be seven months old. Commuting back and forth is going to be interesting depending on what winter is like this year. luckily we have several people in Cheyenne that have already offered to let me stay with them in case the roads over the summit close. I've e-mailed my mentor teacher and she seems very nice and likable. I hope that semester flies by so that I can get graduated and start being a stay at home mom for my little man.
This next school year is gonna be a rough one for me being away from our little one.
That sounds like an awesome job for Daniel! And good luck with your student teaching. I am sure it will fly by.
ReplyDelete