Oh wow this semester has flown by, but it's been super busy as well. I didn't write down as many things as I should have, so hopefully I'm not missing anything major.
I'd like to start off by saying that I finished out this busy semester with a 4.0 GPA. I really didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off with the course load and balancing family, work, and callings. I did it! Now on to student teaching...now this could prove to be very difficult. I put in two weeks of student teaching in December to bank some time for after the baby comes.
Baby Girl Sorensen (yes, she still doesn't have a name...) is on her way. Everything is looking good, and I'm feeling great. Now if we could only decide on a name...Some of my friends threw a baby shower for me. It was fantastic and we finally got some "girl things" in our house. We've been putting it off. Angela Wilde made a beautiful and tasty cake. Amanda Cory, Sarah Bade, and Jacylyn Hyde put the party together and provided delicious treats.
Around Christmas Zak got hurt. He fell off a loader at work and broke his arm and hurt his leg pretty bad. We spent Christmas in Laramie this year. It was the first year that we didn't spend it with Daniel or my family. It was nice not having to travel. We relaxed and hung out with friends during Daniel's time off work. We drove around and looked at Christmas lights and decorated sugar cookies. It was a great Christmas all on our own.
Daniel had surgery on his knee on January 3rd. The doctor went into the surgery knowing that there was a tear in his meniscus, but not much more than that. They wouldn't know the extent of the damage until they got in there. The surgery went well, but...the expected recovery time was longer than Daniel had hoped for. This was just the start of a long sequence of bad events; during my student teaching no less. A couple days after Daniel's surgery he had his first physical therapy appointment. He told them that he had a pain in his calf. They therapist told him to go to the ER and get an ultrasound. He did as he was told and they found a blood clot. All of this happened while I was at school and so I hadn't looked at my phone. He left a somewhat cryptic voicemail telling me that I might have to pick Andrew up from the babysitter because he was headed to the ER. When I tried calling, and texting, and calling, and texting....I didn't hear from him and started getting really worried. Finally I just packed Andrew up and headed to the hospital. Sure enough there he was in the ER getting blood thinners and finishing up discharge paperwork.
I was released from Primary as a teacher. I've been in there for over 2 years. It was sad and exciting all at the same time. I'll miss the kids, but now I'll get to know more people in our ward. I get to start working on Young Womens camp for this year. Last year was okay, but I learned a lot and hope that this year can be even better!
Andrew contracted Hand Foot and Mouth and got sick on Feb 12th. Talk about a not so fun experience. We first started noticing spots on his bum and then he got a really bad fever. Spots started popping up his arms and legs almost like chicken pox. He was pretty miserable for several days. He's all better now though and the spots are still healing. More on Andrew. He LOVES Frozen's "Let it Go" He sings it! It has got to be the cutest thing ever. Unfortunately every time we try to record him he gets more excited about the fact that we are recording him, and forgets about singing. He is learning so much, so fast. One of the words that he tries to say is milk, only it comes out mumph. I can't even begin to list the things he is able to do. He loves clocks and counting.
Well anyway....until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment