Monday, November 15, 2010

First Time in a Long Time...



Considering that the last time I was on here was in February....it's been a while. I've decided to reconnect with the blog and maybe figure out some of the features. I'm still pretty lost, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out soon enough. Here's an update on the Sorensen family:


In May Daniel and I both graduated with our associate degrees from WWCC in Rock Springs. It was a great stepping stone in our educations. This summer Daniel was lucky enough to land an internship in Houston, TX at NASA Johnson Space Center! He turned 24 during his first week at the space center. It was a wonderful summer of learning for him. The heat and the city living was definitely a new experience for us. We made lots of friends while we were down there and one is coming to visit us in January. We're excited to see him. Shortly after we left for Texas my family moved to North Dakota for work. It kind of came as a shock when they told us a couple months previous. We had lived in Pinedale, WY for almost 15 years. It was definitely home and where we considered to be our hometown. Luckily my grandparents on my dads side still live there so we have a reason to go visit. Plus I still work as a locum for Sublette County EMS.
Daniel and I both changed our majors when we came to the university. Daniel is getting his bachelors in math with a minor in finance while am going into secondary education. I really want to coach and teach science! We've finally settled into our ward here in Laramie, the Ridgeview ward. I'm the Relief Society Chorister and am loving it!

We've got a busy few weeks ahead of us and are looking forward to both Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks which we get to spend with our families. North Dakota with my family for thanksgiving and Lyman with Daniels family. Speaking of family...my younger brother Matthew got married in April! Brindi is going to college at Western. The youngest, Zak, is adjusting to a new school up in North Dakota.
This is just a glimpse of the crazy life of the Sorensens and there will most definitely be more to come :) Exciting things are happening on our one year anniversary!! ;) Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an adventure! It looks like things are going great for you two. I'm so glad! I'm also glad that you have joined the blogging world. It makes it so much easier to stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear you guys are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete