Thursday, January 10, 2013

7 months

I really need to get on here more often and update! I forget too many things over the course of a few days.
He loves cruisin around with  his walker
Andrew walks pretty well assisted by a wonderful walking toy given to him by Grandma and Grandpa at Christmas. I've caught him standing on his own a couple times. He doesn't like it when I try to get him to walk back and forth between Daniel and I. He figures it's just easier to get down and crawl. He's just too smart! I've got my work cut out for me. He climbs onto anything if his little legs can hoist himself onto. He's also figured out how to open the cupboards. I caught him trying to reach the door handle to the bathroom the other day. Luckily he is too short and will be for a while.
5 months
6 months

I forgot his bear this month. 7 months
His hair is getting so long!!
He's got his two front teeth on the bottom coming in and loves testing them out. This became an issue when nursing. I had several people including my mom tell me that if you flick them when they do it the first time they won't do it again. This wasn't the case with Andrew. He's a persistent little thing, so sadly he is being weened off of nursing and into bottles and formula. My boobs could only take so much biting. Sorry if that's TMI, but that's really what it came down to. I have mixed feelings, but he is making the transition very well. My one complaint....formula stinks!

 He sleeps through the night on and off. Nothing too consistent yet. It's always a wonderful surprise when I wake up to him talking to himself in his room and discover that it's 6:30 (or later) in the morning!

We took him to the pool for the first time and he absolutely loved it. He floated on his back by himself for short periods here and there. He kicked his legs in delight as we walked around the pool. We pretty much had the pool to ourselves which was good for his first time. He gets so distracted when we go places. He just loves watching people. This week when we went to the library he wanted to play with the other kids there. Usually he sits pretty contently on my lap looking at the children books. Next Tuesday we start "book babies" that is offered through the library free of charge. It's for newborns to 18 months old and their parents. From what I understand we'll read, sing, and interact with other babies. I'm looking forward to it! I just hope Andrew enjoys it. It'll give him some more exposure to other children.
Grandma and Papa McGinnis got this neat little gadget.
You stick your iphone or ipod in it and it stays safe from the
slobber and dropping. The kid friendly apps had him
entertained for a short while this day.
Climbing some more
Climbing

I just love this grin! This was shortly before his first tooth poked up.
He hasn't let me get pictures of his pearly whites yet.

That's all that is coming to mind at the moment, so....until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment